Corporate Office-Hammond, Indiana
The Staff Accountant will prepare and maintain financial records to track the organizations assets, liabilities, profit and loss, tax liabilities, and other related financial activities.
Accounts Payable Functions:
- Receipt & separation of daily mail
Accounts Receivable/Treasury Functions:
- Full control of AP email inbox & printing of invoices
- Retrieval & printing of online invoices per vendor requirements
- Weekly retrieval & entry of UPS invoices in to accounting system
- Reconciliation & preparation of all monthly Credit Card statements (matching receipts, coding, cross checking travel log) AMEX, Visa, WEX Fuel cards, Home Depot, Lowes, VISM (P-Cards)
- Monthly reconciliation of vendor statements
- Processing & tracking of vendor Credit memos/RMA’s
- Research & resolution of PO Problems (emailing, following up)
- Research & resolution of vendor inquiries regarding payment, Purchase order errors or discrepancies, etc.
- Work with branch personnel to ensure timeliness and accuracy of AP
- Bi-weekly review & preparation of expense reimbursements for payment
- Daily Cash Application & posting of Deposits (ACH wires, mailed checks, lockbox checks)
- Scan and submit check deposits to bank; make physical deposits at bank when required
- Processing of customer credit references for account setup
- Printing and/or emailing of monthly Customer Statements
- Process Credit Card payments provided from Collections department
- Assistance with matching of Fixed Asset receipts & pricing, creation of Fixed Asset records & pulling of backup
- Serving as backup for Inventory Control as needed
- Annual record purging, shredding and new file setup
- Ad Hoc reporting requests and other projects/tasks as requested
- Audit assistance as needed
Education and Experience:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Knowledge of general financial accounting and cost accounting.
- Understanding of and the ability to adhere to generally accepted accounting principles.
- Ability to correctly prepare tax reports.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or similar software, and accounting software.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, or related field, or
- At least three years of related experience required.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
Please apply at: https://coderedhr.catsone.com/careers/
CODE RED SAFETY IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER; MINORITY / FEMALE / DISABLED / VETERAN. We E-Verify
Code Red Safety: https://coderedsafety.com