LOCATION: St. Louis, MO
STATUS: Full - Time
POSITION: CLASS A CDL DRIVER
Drive trucks / vans to deliver product and equipment and pick up same from customers; “to-and-from” specified destinations. Prepares, receives, and provides appropriate documentation for the delivery or pick up of goods to ensure timely service. Loads, secures, verifies, and unloads cargo. Maintains radio or telephone contact with branch to receive instructions for scheduled delivery or pick up. Maintains logs of travel and cargo according to federal and state regulations. May be responsible for vehicle inspection and maintenance. Size of truck is less than 3 tons. Must have a "satisfactory" driving record. Requires applicable truck driver license for state.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Deliver equipment, CDL and Non-CDL loads, as needed, to / from customer jobsites
- Check in/out Customer Returns and Pick ups at shot, per rental SOP's
- Responsible for all DOT loads, ensuring Vehicles and Equipment being pulled are DOT compliant before they are needed for a job
- Maintenance and Cleanliness of Vehicles and Trailers used by the department
- Maintain Fork Lift maintenance and logs
- 2+ years of delivery experience
- Have experience with Breathing Air Equipment moving 6/12 packs.
- Must have the proper PPE, Site Specifics, and Training to gain access to job sites where equipment needs to be delivered.
- Responsible for maintaining CDL w/ proper endorsements and keeping DOT Physical updated
- Valid Drivers License
- Able to obtain Fork Lift License, through proper training, and operate fork lift as needed
- Must have high school diploma or GED
Work Environment & Physical Demands:
- Must have exceptional knowledge of local area
- CDL Class A is a requirement with HAZMAT Endorsements .
- Must be hard working and responsible
- Must be available for overtime or weekend work as needed
- Must be able to lift 50lbs on a regular basis
- Shop Environment
Code Red Safety is a fast-growing, privately held company established in 1994. With offices in Chicago, St. Louis, MO, Houston, TX, Beaumont, TX, Sulphur, LA, Lake Charles, LA, and Corpus Christi, TX. Code Red Safety specializes in delivering safety equipment and services to industrial plants and contractors all across the country. In addition to the sales and rentals of specialized safety equipment, Code Red Safety provides a range of services:
• Stand-by rescue services
• Breathing air trailers
• Temporary safety manpower
• OSHA Safety training classes
PLEASE APPLY AT: https://coderedhr.catsone.com/careers/
CODE RED SAFETY IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER;
MINORITY / FEMALE / DISABLED / VETERAN
- NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE -
• Benefits - Medical, Dental, Life, Disability, Vision, EAP, FSA, & 401(k).