LOCATION: Sulphur, LA 70665
POSITION: Air Technician
Code Red Safety is looking for a full-time Air Technician to work out of our Sulphur, LA branch
RESPONSIBILITIES FIELD AIR TECHNICIAN
• Perform routine inspections and maintenance of High and Low Pressure Breathing Air Equipment: regulators, airlines, reducers, high and low pressure breathing air manifolds, air packs, air cascade systems, air trailers, and air compressors, with additional responsibilities in the field inspecting, installing and refilling breathing air equipment.
• Work with Branch technicians to assess the need to repair Respiratory and Breathing Air Equipment.
• Process all Customer related paperwork associated with inspections and maintenance of equipment.
• Bump test and calibrate the 4-gas personal monitors
May assist Confined Space Air Technician by providing the respirators and breathing air needed by workers entering IDLH environments.
• Ascend to heights up to 50 feet or greater using stairs or a ladder (stairs = 3 flights).
• May be required to work in confined spaces.
• Lift/move up to 100 pounds to chest level and lift/move up to 10 pounds above head.
• Able to wear the required PPE for extended hours in various types of environmental conditions.
• Kneel, crouch or crawl in internal and external environment.
• Discern colors, have excellent vision/hearing.
• Over the age of 18
• High School Graduate/GED
• Experience with Respiratory and Breathing Air Equipment (SCBA preferred)
• Pass full background check and drug test
• Must be able to follow client written and verbal requirement
• Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
• Be able to work flexible shifts
• First Aid and CPR Certified
• Confined Space Training
• OSHA 10 Certified
• Air Tech Training
• Experience working in a plant/refinery environment, preferably chemical and/or oil & gas a plus, but not required.
* CDL License is a plus but not required
About Us.... Code Red Safety is a fast-growing, privately held company established in 1994. With offices in Chicago, St. Louis, Houston, TX, Beaumont, TX, Sulphur, LA and Gonzales, LA, Code Red Safety specializes in delivering safety equipment and services to industrial plants and contractors all across the country. In addition to the sales and rentals of specialized safety equipment, Code Red Safety provides a range of services: > Stand-by rescue services > Breathing air trailers > Temporary safety manpower > OSHA Safety training classes.
Please apply at: http://coderedsafety.com
CODE RED SAFETY IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER