: Rescue Technician
: Beaumont, TX
Code Red Safety is looking for Rescue Technicians stationed out of our Beaumont, TX Branch. The Primary Function of the Rescue Technician Is To Provide Technical Rescue Standby for Customer Projects, Turnarounds, Including Confined Space Rescue & Technical Rope Rescue.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Work under the direction of the lead rescuer and in conjunction with other team members to ensure a safe and efficient rescue response; Ensure proper understanding of the rescue plan and their respective role in case of emergency; Set up anchor points and rescue systems prior to job start to facilitate procedures in the rescue plan; Perform entry and non-entry rescue maneuvers to extricate victim(s) from confined space or high angle environments; Package victim(s) accordingly to allow for proper egress and spinal stabilization; Assist lead rescuer with basic first aid until care is transferred to emergency medical response team; Responsible for use and maintenance of 4-gas monitors; Maintain an active role in ensuring proper work safety for their self and others in the surrounding area through safety meetings and shared vigilance; other duties as assigned.
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Certifications in Technical or Industrial Rescue
- Technical Rope Rescue
- Confined Space Rescue
- OSHA 10 & 30 Certified
- Over the age of 18
- Ascend to heights up to 300 feet or greater using stairs or a ladder
- Work in a confined space
- Meet body weight restrictions per Customer Job Specification
- Lift/move up to 50 pounds to chest level; lift/move up to 25 pounds above head
- Able to walk over one mile in full PPE equipment to/from the Customer Job Site
- Able to wear the required PPE for extended hours in various types of environmental conditions
- Stand for a minimum of 2½ hours
- Kneel, crouch or crawl in internal and external environment
- Have excellent vision and hearing; ability to discern colors
- Meet other additional Customer Specifications such as: MEQ required prior to Employment
- Must be able to follow client written and verbal requirement
* All applicants must be able to pass a psychical fitness exam, DMV, criminal, drug, background and/or other tests conducted with consent.
Code Red Safety has been providing industrial safety personnel, products and training since 1995 when the company was founded. It originally served NW Indiana and NE Illinois from its headquarters in Hammond, IN. Since then, Code Red Safety has grown and added facilities in St. Louis, MO, Houston, TX, Corpus Christi, TX, Beaumont, TX, Geismar, LA and Sulphur, LA to serve businesses in those heavily industrialized areas. Our goal is to expand the breadth and scope of our services for customers across the US.
Please apply at: https://coderedhr.catsone.com/careers/
***NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE***
CODE RED SAFETY IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER;
MINORITY / FEMALE / DISABLED / VETERAN